The Innovative Leaders Institute is a year-long training and mentoring experience for educators led by some of the top STEM and innovative school leaders in our state. The Innovative Leaders Institute provides participants opportunities to network with other building-level leaders from across Tennessee, visit innovative schools to examine different models of STEM integration, and share best practices and resources with the expectation of having an immediate impact on leader practice.
The Institute is designed to:
– Develop concepts of innovative leadership practices
– Enhance capacities to promote best practices across the curriculum
– Develop strategies to promote staff effectiveness and improve teaching and learning environments
– Prepare leaders with the procedures and policies to promote success
The Institute is led by experienced principals from Tennessee, who were selected because they have demonstrated positive impact on their schools through student performance, teacher retention, and creating and supporting an academically challenging learning environment for students.
2017/2018 DATES & LOCATIONS
Participants must attend ALL sessions.
September 14-15, 2017 – Knoxville
October 27, 2017 – Nashville
January 19, 2018 – Virtual Day
March 22-23, 2018 – Chattanooga
Approved for 30 hours of TASL Credit
The Institute is open to teams of school leaders interested in or currently leading Tennessee schools or programs. Applicants must be two person teams and include a Principal or Assistant Principal plus an additional building-level leader (or a Principal and Assistant Principal team). Each applicant must complete the on-line application including uploading all required documents.
Please read over the application before beginning and be sure you are prepared to complete the entire application including uploading documents at the end. You will not be able to leave the application and come back to finish at a later time.
Documents you will need to complete the application:
1. A complete CV or Resume
2. A letter of recommendation, no longer than one page, from your superintendent (or equivalent for charter schools) indicating why you should be considered as a candidate for the TSIN Innovative Leaders Institute.
3. The Commitment / Signature page (click to download) completed and signed by you AND your superintendent or director of schools, scanned and able to be uploaded.
Frequently Asked Questions